Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is an easy homemade ice cream recipe that tastes just like a slice of your favorite pumpkin pie!
My pumpkin pie ice cream tastes exactly like classic pumpkin pie!
I went back and forth whether to offer up a unique take on pumpkin ice cream, or to go with the classic flavor, and the classic won out. I will tell you that as a long time pumpkin ice cream lover, this one is really good. As an experiment I used the recipe on the can as my guide, I simply left out the eggs. The first time I made it it it was good, but there was just a little something missing. It turned out that a bit of sweetened condensed milk did the trick. The ice cream is especially creamy, and the spice blend is spot on. It’s quite lovely, and if you’re a pumpkin pie lover, you’re going to flip.
my pumpkin ice cream is a healthier recipe
This ice cream recipe is lower in fat than regular ice cream because it contains no heavy cream at all!
I use the entire can of pumpkin, so you know this is going to have a more robust pumpkin flavor than you get from store bought brands, and you’ll get all the healthy benefits of pumpkin.
Which ice cream machine do I recommend?
I get asked all the time about what machine I use. I use and recommend Cuisinart. I’ve had my machine for years without any issues, I think because there are no fussy electronic parts to break down ~ it’s a simple motor that turns the freezer bowl for churning the ice cream and it works quickly and perfectly every time.
- The machine I use, and it’s the base model. It works great for ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sorbets, and makes all of them in about 2o minutes. Click HERE or click on the image for more info.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, be sure to try my No Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream.
more delicious fall ice cream recipes
- No Churn Cranberry Ice Cream
- Homemade Gingerbread Ice Cream
- Maple Walnut Ice Cream
- No Churn Bailey’s Ice Cream
- 5 Easy Fall-Forward Ice Cream Recipes + pairing suggestions
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Whisk together all the ingredients, making sure the sugar is dissolved.
- This step is optional, but I strained the mixture through a mesh sieve. Put the mix in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Process in your ice cream machine according to its directions.
- Spoon the soft ice cream into a container and freeze until firm. This will take several hours.