My no churn Bailey’s ice cream is a must make for St. Patrick’s Day, but this easy homemade ice cream spiked with everybody’s favorite cream liqueur is a refreshing adult dessert any time of year.
No churn Bailey’s Irish Cream ice cream is too easy not to make!
Why wouldn’t you whip up this yummy no churn ice cream, for St. Paddy’s Day, or any day you want to treat yourself to a yummy adult dessert that takes just minutes to put together? Even if you don’t own an ice cream machine, you can make no churn recipes. Basically, if you can whip cream, you can make this!
what you’ll need
- Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur ~ if you have another brand, or a homemade Irish Cream liqueur, use that.
- heavy cream ~ we’re going to whip it to aerate the mixture, mimicking what happens in an ice cream machine. Use heavy cream or whipping cream, both are fine.
- sweetened condensed milk ~ essential to get the right creamy texture in a no churn ice cream.
- vanilla ~ I don’t know too many desserts where a good vanilla isn’t needed!
- salt ~ yup, even in ice cream, it blooms those flavors.
no churn ice cream FAQs and tips
Yes, you would combine everything and add it to your machine, and process according to its directions. There is no need to whip the cream in this case.
Yes, you can use virtually any liqueur you like in this recipe, it’s such fun to experiment!
This product helps give no churn ice cream a creamy texture, and prevent an icy texture from forming.
Yes, you’ll use less, though, because whiskey has a higher alcohol content than Bailey’s liqueur. See my recipe for Irish Whiskey ice cream.
how to serve Bailey’s no churn ice cream
A little goes a long way with spiked ice cream, so I like to serve it in cocktail glasses. It’s the perfect dessert all by itself after any meal ~ think of it as an extra delicious digestif!
My personal favorite way to serve this is as an affogato ~ simply scoop the ice cream into a glass and top with hot coffee or espresso. It doesn’t get any better 🙂
more no churn ice cream recipes
- How to Make No Churn Ice Cream ~ 3 Methods!
- No Churn Wild Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Ballymaloe No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- No Churn Cranberry Ice Cream
- No Churn Pineapple Chile Sorbet
- No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
No Churn Bailey’s Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 9 ounces sweetened condensed milk (a scant cup)
- 3/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk, Bailey's, vanilla extract, and salt. Take care not to knock too much of the air out of the whipped cream, while still getting all of the ingredients evenly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours (or up to overnight) before serving. Note: the alcohol in the Bailey's has a low freezing point and helps to keep this ice cream nice and scoop-able.