Ripe Peach Popsicles

RIPE PEACH POPSICLES taste just like biting into a fresh peach! | theviewfromgreatisland.com

Ripe Peach Popsicles — the next best thing to sinking your teeth into a fresh picked peach…let the juice dribble down your chin!

Photo of two ripe peach popsicles laying on a white surface.This is part of a continuing mini series all about transforming fresh summer fruit into frosty popsicles. They contain no other ingredients but the ripe fruit, a touch of sugar, and a squeeze of lemon. My CHERRY POPSICLES were transcendent. So were my WHOLE FRUIT POPS. These are no less. I’ve got at least one more installment coming up before I’ll let go of the bone — it’s just too much fun and they are so insanely tasty.

Overhead photo of ripe peach popsicles in popsicle molds against a gray wood surface.

Don’t you dare peel those peaches, the skin is where the vitamins, flavor, and bright bits of color come from. Chop them up, pile them in the food processor or blender, and puree. It’s kind of an obvious concept, I know, but honestly you can’t find this kind of thing at your local supermarket. You’ve got to make it yourself. Depending on my fruit I’ll add a touch of sugar and some lemon juice, but that’s it. If you’re serving adults, you can add some liqueur. There’s nothing better on a hot night.

TIP:Ok, if you insist on peeling your peaches, do it the easy way, use a serrated peeler — it’ll make quick work of the job.

Photo of peaches in a food processor for ripe peach popsicles.

Mass produced fruit popsicles are mostly water and sugar, but these are made from pureed fruit and so they have nice texture to them as well as lots of nutritional value. And don’t get me started on the flavor…they really do taste just like biting into a piece of fresh fruit.

There’s still plenty of time to get a popsicle maker and have your own fun…here in California popsicle weather continues right up until Halloween…the one I use is pictured at the end of the post.

notes ~

• As a general rule of thumb, a good sized peach will make 2 popsicles. This is a delicious way to use up ripe (or slightly over-ripe) fruit that won’t get eaten in time.
  • There’s nothing to stop you from mixing fruit, you can blend peaches, nectarines, apricots, etc, for your own custom pops.
  • I think it would be incredible to do this with white peaches.
  • Jack Daniels goes well with peaches if you’re into that kind of thing…

Ripe Peach Popsicles

Ripe Peach Popsicles --- the next best thing to sinking your teeth into a fresh picked peach...let the juice dribble down your chin!
Course Dessert
Prep Time 10 minutes
freezing 6 hours
Yield 8 popsicles

• 4 large ripe peaches don't peel
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 2 Tbsp sugar

• Slice the peaches in half, remove the pits, and give them a rough chop. Add the peaches to a food processor or blender, along with the sugar and lemon juice. Puree until smooth.
  • Fill the popsicle molds to the top, and then insert sticks. Freeze until solid.
  • To remove the popsicles, fill a sink with hot water and immerse the mold up to, but not over, the top lip for several seconds, then remove the popsicles.
  • To store, wrap securely in plastic and put back in the freezer.

used to make ripe peach popsicles… (the photos are clickable)

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com
    July 11, 2016 at 10:27 am

Sue, I just made peach ice cream. NOW I’m going to make these peach popsicles! I wouldn’t peel the peaches for this either; besides the nutrition, it wouldn’t look as pretty! I never peel peaches for pie either. Another way for my husband to enjoy peaches, though he doesn’t like to just eat a peach.

July 11, 2016 at 10:55 am

Wishing I could have a bowl of your ice cream right now Jean…

Ama
      July 16, 2016 at 9:10 am

Is that only for organic or even for the regular ones too? I was a bit concerned because of peaches topping the dirty dozen list.. thanks!

Jennifer @ Seasons and Suppers
    July 11, 2016 at 9:34 am

Beautiful colour and I love that they are whole fruit! Waiting for local peaches here, but as soon as they arrive, I’ll be trying these 🙂

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert
    July 11, 2016 at 8:59 am

What a wonderful way to enjoy the juicy, delicious flavor of a ripe peach! You really know how to make the best popsicles ~ great for kids too – a terrific summer treat – so pretty too!

Chris Scheuer
    July 11, 2016 at 7:58 am

I love the idea of capturing that fabulous fresh peach flavor for any time of the day or night. And your popsicles make a sweet, delicious treat so legal!

Sherri @ Watch Learn Eat
    July 11, 2016 at 7:07 am

OK, totally drooling! 🙂 What a great, healthy way to beat the heat! And, the color is gorgeous!

July 11, 2016 at 7:28 am

Thanks Sherri, I love the little flecks of peel, and I want to try this with white peaches soon…

Mark, Compass & Fork
    July 11, 2016 at 6:57 am

I’ve never made anything like this before but looking at your pictures and the recipe I am inspired to give them a go. So glad you advise not to peel the peaches. These look so good I now can’t wait to make them.

Jagruti
    July 11, 2016 at 6:33 am

OMG….wish I can grab them from my screen…so gorgeous looking Popsicle:)

Sarah
    July 11, 2016 at 6:05 am

It’s currently 32 degrees celsius where I am right now and I wish I had one of these in my hands right now!! The perfect refreshing treat. Great mini series idea btw!x

July 11, 2016 at 6:13 am

Thanks Sarah, I sometimes feel self conscious when go off on one of these ‘kicks’, but in this case I think the idea bears repeating, and each popsicle has such a different personality.

Marianne | Basil & Bubbly
    July 11, 2016 at 6:00 am

I have a ton of peaches that are “on the edge” in my kitchen right now — now I know what to do with them! Thank you!

July 11, 2016 at 6:12 am

This is the perfect recipe for that, Marianne 🙂

Medeja
    July 11, 2016 at 4:08 am

So perfect for hot summer days!

1 2 3