How to Make Homemade Irish Cream ~ this diy Irish Cream is a perfect copy cat of one of my favorite liqueurs. It’s dangerously delicious, and ridiculously easy to make. Mix up a batch for for your friends this weekend!
Homemade Irish cream takes just 5 minutes!
I am so excited about this homemade Irish Cream, I couldn’t wait to press ‘publish’ — I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Farmette, and Imen just happens to blog from the Irish countryside, so you know this is authentic! Sometimes I know from the minute I see a recipe that I have to make it and that it’s going to be fabulous, and that’s what happened with this one. Irish Cream has always been a favorite of mine, and this from scratch version tastes even better than the bottled stuff. As much as I love the original, there is something just a little sketchy about the idea of bottled cream. Fresh is way better.
Get out your favorite Irish whiskey and some good fresh cream…and prepare to be amazed.
Ingredients for homemade Irish cream
This is so simple and so good I’m not going to leave you hanging, I’ll get right to it. It’s a mixture of:
- condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- instant coffee
- cocoa powder
It’s spot on, I wouldn’t change it in any way, and I highly recommend mixing up a batch for St Patrick’s Day. You can serve it on the rocks, in a White Russian, or in an after dinner coffee. I like it straight up in tiny vintage cordial glasses.
This homemade Irish Cream a must make for the holidays!
For more DIY liqueurs try my ultra-rich HOMEMADE PUMPKIN LIQUEUR, or, my HOMEMADE NUTELLA LIQUER. For a lighter, fruitier experience, my HOMEMADE FRUIT LIQUEURS ~ these fresh fruit infused vodkas make great cocktail mixers.
How to Make Irish Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee or instant espresso
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Put a tablespoon of the cream in a bowl and add the espresso and cocoa powder. Mix these together until both powders are completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Add the rest of the cream, while stirring, or gently whisking.
- Add the whiskey, vanilla, and condensed milk and blend everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle with a top, and refrigerate until needed.
- This will keep in the fridge for at least a couple of months, and probably longer, but I'm pretty sure you will polish it off before then 😉
Make this homemade Irish Cream your own ~
- Lighten this up by using half and half instead of heavy cream.
- Add more espresso or more cocoa powder to change the flavor profile.
Don’t forget to pin this Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur!