Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores ~ a better version of the classic s’more made with soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. This beloved summer dessert just got a much needed upgrade!
Can we talk s’mores for a minute? Everybody knows that the graham crackers are the weakest link, right? They’re a little bit dry, a little bit crumbly, and they have a tendency to break at the most inopportune times. They don’t bring much to the party, that’s for sure. Which is why I’ve invented a better s’more. A s’more with a homemade peanut butter cookie base. The peanut butter cookie is sturdy, but chewy, and, hello? It brings peanut butter to the table!
These cookies are easy to throw together, and the dough is a delight, so soft and fluffy. You don’t have to chill it or anything, just scoop little balls and make the classic peanut butter cookie cross hatch marks with the back of a fork.
You might even like them so much you’ll want to eat all by themselves. But be sure to try these s’mores first. They really are an upgrade, but be warned you might find it hard to go back to the boring graham cracker version after you try these!
Luckily, these cookies also freeze beautifully, so keep the extras in a freezer bag and pull them out when the s’more urge strikes.
Speaking of beyond-basic s’mores — my NUTELLA S’MORES BARS are pretty amazing too!
Note: The peanut butter cookie recipe adapted from The Daring Gourmet.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Beat in the egg, and the vanilla, and then mix in the peanut butter.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together and fold into the wet. Don't over mix.
- Use a 1 1/4 inch scoop to form balls of dough, and place on an un greased cookie sheet. Use the back of a fork to flatten the dough slightly and make cross hatch marks. If your fork sticks to the dough, dip it lightly in water first.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes, and then let cool on the pan slightly before transferring to a rack.
- Make your s'mores as usual.
Make it your own ~
- Make your s’more even more artisinal with HOMEMADE MARSHMALLOWS. You could even use CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOWS for s unique twist.
- Make it gluten free using FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES. Just omit the chocolate chips from my recipe.
Don’t forget to pin these Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores!