What to Bake Now: Bundt Cakes ~ what’s not to love about a bundt? They’re homey, easy to throw together, pretty enough for company, and so darned delicious. Here are the 25+ best bundt cakes for fall, plus some essential tips and tricks to help you master the art of the perfect bundt~
With Bundt cakes it’s all about the pan ~ Nordic Ware trademarked the ring shaped cake molds in the 1950s. No one knows for sure where the name came from, but the cakes are patterned after traditional European Gugelhupf. Bundts became all the rage in the US after a cake called ‘The Tunnel of Fudge’ won the 1966 Pillsbury Bake Off contest ~ and pan sales exploded. Fall is a great time to get back into Bundts, and they’re a breeze as long as you keep a few things in mind…
- Replace old, worn, or scratched pans, and invest in a sturdy non stick bundt. Steel is best. Make sure it’s non-stick, because even though you’ll be prepping your pan, you’re gonna need the extra help. Don’t bother with glass, ceramic, or silicone, they won’t work as well. And avoid supermarket pans, they won’t hold up.
- This classic Nordic Ware bundt is a great choice if you’re new to bundting or need to upgrade. It’s won numerous awards for best bundt pan, and it’s under $30 on Amazon.
- Go for at least a 10 cup capacity, that’s the standard for most recipes.
- Don’t put your pan in the dishwasher, you can damage the surface. Wash in hot soapy water and use a toothbrush for crevice cleaning.
- Dense, structured recipes like loaf cakes, quick breads, and pound cakes do best in a bundt pan. Steer clear of light or delicate cakes. A standard 2 layer boxed cake mix will work in a bundt pan.
- Butter AND flour your pan before filling. Use a pastry brush to paint on softened (or melted) butter or shortening into every nook and cranny. Then dust with flour. If your cake is chocolate, dust with cocoa. You can even dust it with sugar. DON”T rely on baking spray. If you’re interested you can make your own homemade pan release.
- Fill your pan no more than about 2/3 full with batter. If you over fill the pan it can overflow as it bakes, and can become very difficult to remove, as well.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes on a rack after baking. The cake will naturally start to pull away from the sides of the pan. If you want to help it along you can run a small knife down along the top edge and around the ‘neck’. Put a plate over the pan and firmly overturn the cake and pan. Gently check to see if the cake has released before lifting the pan off.
- Forgot to prep and your cake stuck? Try putting the cake back in the oven (after it’s been turned off) the gentle heat may help loosen the cake. Some people swear by wrapping the pan in a hot steaming towel for the same reason. Other than that, you’re on your own, I’ve tried every trick under the sun and nothing works for me. That’s why I’m a stickler for good pan prep. Maybe you’ll let me know in the comments if you’ve got a great tip!
Now let’s get baking!
SPICED GINGER AND CINNAMON CHRISTMAS WREATH BUNDT CAKE ~ Bibby’s Kitchen at 36
GERMAN CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE ~ Broma Bakery
CREAM CHEESE SWIRLED BROWN SUGAR PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE ~ Halfbaked Harvest
PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE ~ Pinch of Yum
BANANA PEANUT BUTTER BUNDT CAKE ~ My Evil Twin’s Kitchen
ALMOND POUND CAKE ~ Saving Room for Dessert
CHOCOLATE BOURBON BUNDT CAKE ~ bell’alimento
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE ~ The View From Great Island
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BUNDT CAKE ~ Two Peas and Their Pod
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BUNDT CAKE ~ Sally’s Baking Addiction
CHOCOLATE BEET BUNDT CAKE ~ A Beautiful Plate
BANANA BUNDT CAKE WITH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE ICING ~ Barefeet in the Kitchen
ALMOND JOY CANDY BAR FILLED CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE ~ Taste and Tell
KENTUCKY BUTTER CAKE ~ Cookies & Cups
CRANBERRY ORANGE BUNDT CAKE ~ Tutti Dolci
COFFEE CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE ~ truffles and TRENDS
COCONUT BUNDT CAKE ~ Chef in Training
BROWN SUGAR BUNDT CAKE ~ Grandbaby Cakes
RED VELEVET BUNDT CAKE ~ Chiarapassion.com
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BUNDT CAKE ~ Inspired by Charm
LOW CARB PUMPKIN CARAMEL BUNDT CAKE (grain free, keto friendly) ~ All Day I Dream About Food
CHOCOLATE TURTLE BUNDT CAKE ~ Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
MATCHA GLAZED BLACK SESAME BUNDT CAKES ~ ful-filled
SNICKERDOODLE BUNDT CAKE ~ Avery Cooks
DAMN GOOD CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE ~ The Domestic Rebel
TOFFEE PECAN BUNDT CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE ~ A Family Feast
Don’t forget to pin these 25 Best Bundt Cakes!