Cucumber Lemon Spa Popsicles ~ just like the refreshing water at your favorite spa, these flavor infused ice popsicles will hydrate, detox, and rejuvenate ~ you’ll be so glad you have them in the freezer when the temperature soars.
There’s a reason spas and salons offer you lemon cucumber water, not only is it refreshing, but you feel healthier with every sip (or lick, in this case!) Cucumbers are an underrated superfood, full of vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatory flavanols. They help flush out toxins and curb cravings. The cooling hint of fresh cucumber flavor combined with the light acidity from the Vitamin C rich lemon is an unbeatable combination and puts regular H2O to shame.
When water tastes this good you’re more likely to get enough of it ~ and these flavored ice popsicles are a win win.
These pops are made for days when the thermometer hits 3 digits, and even the cold tap water runs warm, you know the days. It’s almost to hot to eat, let alone cook.
TIP: Sometimes when you think you’re hungry, your body just needs hydration, and these zero-calorie popsicles can help make hydrating a little more interesting.
What’s great about these popsicles is that you can make them and keep them almost indefinitely in the freezer, the longer you keep them the stronger the infusion will be. The ice will lock in the flavors until you’re ready for them, and unlike fruit or yogurt based pops, these won’t get sticky or stale over time. Just be sure to keep them covered or well wrapped so they don’t absorb random odors floating around your freezer.
To make cucumber lemon spa popsicles I thinly slice fresh lemons and small Persian or pickling cucumbers, and drop one or two into each well of my popsicle mold. Then I fill with filtered water. I’ll let it sit for an hour or so to let the flavors infuse at room temperature before setting it in the freezer.
Even if you’ve just polished off a bag of Cheetos only moments before, a cucumber lemon spa pop will make you feel like a goddess ~ trust me on this! Popsicles can be an incredibly healthy way to treat yourself in hot weather, a quick scroll through my ICE CREAM AND POPSICLES recipe index will give you lots of inspiration.
People always ask, so here’s the type of popsicle mold I use, I have several, some have metal tops and some have plastic, but I always use a sheet of foil and punch the sticks through because the tops can stick. I love the classic shape and they don’t wear out. Click on the photo for more info.
Cucumber Lemon Spa Popsicles
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water, more/less, depending on your popsicle mold
- 1 lemon, washed and thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced (no need to peel)
- Insert a lemon slice and a couple of cucumber slices in 10 popsicle molds. Fill with water and let sit for an hour on the counter.
- Cover the top of the popsicle mold with foil, then insert the popsicle sticks. Freeze until solid.
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, dip the mold up to, but not over the top ledge in a sink filled with warm water. Slide the popsicles out and eat right away, or wrap in waxed paper and store in zip lock freezer bags. You can also store the popsicles right in the mold itself.
Make it Your Own ~
- Add a few mint leaves along with the cucumber and lemon slices.
- Try using iced tea instead of water, you can use black, green, or herbal.
- Add a few berries and kids will think they’ve scored a special treat!
- Use a lightly sweetened lemonade and omit the cucumbers for a refreshing lemony treat.
- Try adding one or two edible flowers, or petals, instead of fruit, much like my EDIBLE FLOWER ICE CUBES.
Don’t forget to pin these Cucumber Lemon Spa Popsicles!